Saturday, August 23, 2014

Home Office/ Craft Room Makeover

It is with such great relief that I am writing this post... After many long hours, days and months... My home office/ craft room is finally complete!!!

When I was initially looking for inspiration to makeover this space, I came across this image: 

After sharing it with my personal and virtual friends, most commented that they loved the space but they did not think that it matched my personal style...  I am quite the queen of color {insert giggles}.  So I started to second guess myself and my doubts were validated when I was told that painting the walls black were almost as bad as painting them red... That was the {red} light for me!!!  {I will have to share my red bathroom fiasco with you when the time permits... In the meantime *just know* that because of it, I really have a red paint phobia}!  So, I decided to leave my beautifully painted tiffany walls and search for more inspiration...


During one of my many 80% and 90% off Hobby Lobby Shopping Hauls, I came across this picture... I fell in love instantly and the hunt was on to find all the pieces...  It was the perfect combination of colors because it included the black and white that initially inspired me, the tiffany blue that matched my walls and the hottest color ever...coral!!!!  After 3 states and 7 stores... I found every.single.piece!


Let me pause for minute and show you all the before... Where are my manners? 

 
Yes, this space was in my home!!! I absolutely hated coming in the office!!! It did not lend to my creative process, so I knew that I needed to do something and I needed to do it quickly!!! I sold the modular desk that you see here... And I kept the bookcase and file cabinet and painted them black... Slowly the room transitioned to what you saw above to what you see below!!!!
 








 
I am sooo excited about my new space... It feels so comfortable, cozy and perfect for the creative process to take place!!! I am squealing now as I sit here typing this post from my desk and not my bedroom!  { I bet hubby is too}! 
 
See the full video my clicking here:  http://youtu.be/8cxBvxaJNyc
 
Stay tuned as I complete this journey by showing you how I organized this space to ensure that it was both comfy and functional!!! Please let me know if you like projects like these and/or if you have any additional questions...
 
Until next time!
 
Melanie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment